Mocha Layer Cake
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes (2 Hours Minutes)
- Serving Size: 16
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
- 1 container (8 oz.) BREAKSTONE'S Or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. Water, Divided
- 3/4 cup GENERAL FOODS INTERNATIONAL, Any Coffee Flavor, Divided
- 1 pkg. (8 squares) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, Divided
- 2 cups Thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- 2 tablespoons Butter Or Margarine
- 1 tablespoon Corn Syrup
- 4 Eggs
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Beat cake mix, dry pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, oil, 1/2 cup of the water and 1/2 cup of the flavored instant coffee in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed just until moistened, stopping frequently to scrape side of bowl. Beat on medium speed 2 min. or until well blended. Chop 4 squares of the chocolate; stir into batter. Pour evenly into 2 greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans.
BAKE 40 to 45 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans 15 min.; remove from pans. Cool completely on wire racks. STIR remaining 1/4 cup flavored instant coffee into whipped topping. Place 1 cake layer on serving plate; spread with the whipped topping mixture. Top with second cake layer. Microwave remaining 4 squares of chocolate, the butter, corn syrup and remaining 1 Tbsp. water in medium microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 min.; stir until chocolate is completely melted. Spread glaze over top of cake, allowing glaze to drip down side of cake. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Size It Up
Enjoy a serving of this rich and indulgent cake on special occasions.
Store cakes filled with COOL WHIP Whipped Topping in the refrigerator.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS