Slow-cooker Chicken Cacciatore
- Prep Time: 15 minutes (Total Time: 8 hours 15 minutes)
- Serving Size: 8
- 1/4 cup KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing
- 3 pound Chicken Thighs And Drumsticks
- 1/2 pound Fresh Mushrooms (about 10 Medium), Sliced (about 2 Cups)
- 1-1/2 cups Coarsely Chopped Onions (about 1 Medium)
- 1/2 cup each: Red And Green Pepper Strips
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 1 can (14.5 ounce) crushed Tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme Leaves
- 3 cups Instant White Rice, Uncooked
HEAT dressing in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken, in batches; cook 2 to 3 min. on each side or until browned on both sides.
PLACE mushrooms, onions, peppers and garlic in slow cooker; top with the chicken. Combine tomatoes, salt and thyme; pour over ingredients in slow cooker. Cover with lid. Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours (or on HIGH for 5 hours).
COOK rice as directed on package. Serve chicken mixture over the rice.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Taking the lid off your slow cooker for even just a minute reduces the heat and extends the cooking time. Lift the lid only if instructed to do so in the recipe.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS