Peppery Beef Rib Roast
- Prep Time: 2-3/4 to 3-1/2 hours
- Serving Size: 10
- 1 Beef Rib Roast, Small End, Chine (Back) Bone Removed (6 To 8 Pounds)
- 1 can (14 to 14-1/2 oz) Beef Broth
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Fresh Thyme
- 2 tablespoons Pepper Seasoning Blend
- 2 tablespoons Minced Garlic
1. Heat oven to 350_F. Combine rub ingredients; reserve 2 Tbsp. Press remaining rub onto beef roast.
2. Place roast, fat side up, in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat or touching bone. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 350_F oven 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 hours for medium rare; 2-3/4 to 3 hours for medium doneness.
3. Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135_F for medium rare; 150_F for medium. Let stand 15 minutes. (Temperature will rise to 145_F for medium rare; 160_F for medium.)
4. Combine broth and reserved rub in small saucepan; simmer 5 minutes. Add thyme; simmer 2 minutes. Carve roast; season with salt. Serve with seasoned broth.