Parmesan-crusted Chicken In Cream Sauce
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes (Total Time: 30 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 4
- 2 cups Instant Brown Rice, Uncooked
- 1 can (14 ounces) Fat-free Reduced-sodium Chicken Broth, Divided
- 6 RITZ Crackers, Finely Crushed
- 2 tablespoons KRAFT 100 Percent Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 4 small Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Halves (One Pound)
- 2 teaspoons Oil
- 1/3 cup PHILADELPHIA Chive & Onion Light Cream Cheese Spread
- 3/4 pound Asparagus Spears, Trimmed, Steamed
COOK rice as directed on package, using 1-1/4 cups of the broth and 1/2 cup water.
MEANWHILE, mix cracker crumbs and Parmesan cheese on plate. Rinse chicken with cold water; gently shake off excess water. Dip chicken in crumb mixture, turning over to evenly coat both sides of each chicken breast with the crumb mixture.
HEAT oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add chicken; cook 5 to 6 min. on each side or until golden brown on both sides and cooked through (170°F). Place chicken on serving plate; cover to keep warm. Add remaining 1/2 cup broth and the cream cheese spread to same skillet. Cook on medium heat until mixture just comes to boil, stirring constantly. Simmer 3 min. or until sauce is thickened, stirring frequently. Spoon sauce over chicken. Serve with the rice and asparagus.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Prepare as directed, using PHILADELPHIA Light Cream Cheese Spread and stirring in 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives along with the cream cheese spread.
Substitute 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen green beans, cooked and drained, for the asparagus.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS