Beef Barley Soup With Spinach
- Prep Time: 2 to 2-1/4 hours
- Serving Size: 8
- 2-1/2 pound Beef For Stew, Cut Into 1 Inch Pieces
- 1 package Dry Onion-mushroom Soup Mix
- 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1/2 cup Medium Pearled Barley
- 4 cups Fresh Baby Spinach
1. Combine beef, soup mix, thyme, 5 cups water, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper in stockpot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1 hour.
2. Stir in barley; simmer, covered, 45 minutes to 1 hour or until barley is tender and beef is fork-tender. Stir in spinach; remove from heat. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes.