Chili-crusted Tri-tip Roast
- Prep Time: 1 to 1-1/4 hours
- Serving Size: 8
- 1 Beef Tri-tip Roast (One & Half To Two Pounds)
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1. Heat oven to 425_F. Combine rub ingredients and 1/4 tsp pepper; press onto beef roast.
2. Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 425_F oven 30 to 40 minutes for medium rare; 40 to 45 minutes for medium doneness.
3. Remove roast when instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part registers 135_F for medium rare; 150_F for medium. Let stand 15 minutes. (Temperature will rise to reach 145_F for medium rare; 160_F for medium.) Carve roast across the grain; season with salt.