Thai Pineapple-peanut Fried Rice
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes (Total Time: 35 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 4
- 1/4 cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 8 ounces Firm Tofu, Cubed
- 1 tablespoon PLANTERS Peanut Oil
- 1 Medium Red Pepper, Cut Into Strips (about One & Half Cups)
- 1/2 cup (1-inch) Green Onion Pieces
- 2-2/3 cups Cooked Brown Rice, Chilled
- 1 can (8 ounce) Pineapple Tidbits In Juice, Drained
- 1/2 cup PLANTERS COCKTAIL Peanuts, Chopped
POUR teriyaki sauce over tofu in shallow dish. Refrigerate 5 to 10 minutes to marinate. Drain tofu; reserve teriyaki sauce.
HEAT oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add tofu; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown on all sides, stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet.
ADD red pepper to skillet; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add green onion; cook and stir 1 minute. Add rice and pineapple; mix lightly. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently. Add tofu, peanuts and reserved teriyaki sauce; mix lightly. Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Jazz It Up
Stir in 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves with peanuts and/or 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper with tofu.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS