- Prep Time:
- Serving Size: 4
- 4 Chicken Breast Cutlets (about One & Half Pounds)
- 1 tablespoon All-purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1/4 cup White Wine
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice (about Half Lemon)
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 tablespoon small Capers, Drained
Combine flour, onion powder, garlic powder, kosher salt, and black pepper. Sprinkle evenly on both sides of chicken cutlets.
Heat a large heavy skillet over medium heat until hot. Add the olive oil and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the chicken in one layer and cook on the first side for 5 minutes, until golden brown.
Turn the chicken cutlets to the second side. Add butter, white wine, and lemon juice, swirling around chicken to combine. Cook about 1 minute. Add chicken stock and capers. Cook another 1 to 2 minutes until chicken is no longer pink in the center (internal temperature should be 170° F.) and pan gravy has thickened.
Serve with pan piccata sauce over the top of the chicken cutlets.
Suggested sides: Savory Chicken Couscous and Easy Microwave Asparagus.