- Prep Time: 20 Minutes, Total Time: 40 Minutes
- Serving Size: 12
- 1-1/2 cups All-purpose Baking Mix
- 2-1/4 cups POST Bran Flakes, Divided
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoon Firmly Packed Brown Sugar, Divided
- 3/4 cup Chopped PLANTERS Walnuts, Divided
- 1/2 cup Cinnamon-flavored Applesauce
- 3/4 cup Fat-free Milk
- 1 Egg, Lightly Beaten
PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Combine baking mix, 2 cups of the cereal, 1/4 cup of the brown sugar and 1/2 cup of the walnuts in large bowl. Add applesauce, milk and egg; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
SPOON batter evenly into paper-lined medium muffin pan, filling each cup 3/4 full. Combine remaining 1/4 cup cereal, 1/4 cup walnuts and 2 Tbsp. brown sugar. Sprinkle over batter. BAKE 18 to 20 min. or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Serve warm or cooled.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Prepare, bake and cool muffins as directed. Place in resealable freezer-weight plastic bag; freeze up to 2 months. To reheat, microwave frozen muffin on HIGH 30 to 45 seconds or until heated through.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS