New Orleans Muffuletta
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes (Total Time: 2 Hour 15 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 6
- 1/2 cup Finely Chopped Stuffed Green Olives
- 1/2 cup Finely Chopped Pitted Ripe Olives
- 1/4 cup KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing
- 1/2 cup Finely Chopped Celery
- 1 Clove Garlic, Crushed
- 1 loaf (1-1/2 pound) Round Italian Or Sourdough Bread (9 To 10 Inches)
- 4 Slices OSCAR MAYER Cotto Salami
- 1 package (9 ounce) OSCAR MAYER Shaved Smoked Ham
- 6 Slices KRAFT DELI DELUXE Mozzarella Cheese Slices
MIX olives, dressing, celery and garlic.
CUT bread in half lengthwise. Hollow out top half of loaf slightly; discard removed bread or reserve for another use.
SPREAD bottom half of bread loaf with 1/2 of the olive mixture; top with layers of meat, cheese and remaining olive mixture. Cover with top of bread loaf; press down lightly to secure. Wrap tightly; refrigerate 2 to 4 hours. Cut into 6 wedges to serve.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
How to Crush Garlic
Peel garlic, then mince on a cutting board with a chef€™s knife. Sprinkle lightly with salt. Press garlic into cutting board by dragging the knife over the garlic. (Salt is an abrasive and will make it even easier to crush. It also helps to prevent the garlic from sticking to the knife.)
Prepare as directed, using your family's favorite OSCAR MAYER Meats and KRAFT Cheeses, such as Turkey, Bologna, Cheddar and Swiss.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS