Party Shrimp And Vegetable Kabobs
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes (Total Time: 1 Hour 20 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 12
- 2 pound large Shrimp, Peeled, Cleaned
- 24 small Button Mushrooms
- 2 medium Red Peppers, Cut Into 1 Inch Pieces
- 1 large Red Onion, Cut Into Three Fourth Inch Chunks
- 1 large Zucchini, Cut Into Three Fourth Inch Chunks
- 24 Wooden Skewers
- 3/4 cup KRAFT Italian Dressing
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Grated Lime Peel, Divided
- 3/4 teaspoon Ground Red Pepper (or To Taste), Divided
- 3/4 cup KRAFT Mayo Real Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1 small Garlic, Minced
ARRANGE shrimp and vegetables evenly on skewers; place in shallow dish. Mix dressing, cilantro, 2 tsp. of the lime peel and 1/2 tsp. of the ground red pepper until well blended. Pour over kabobs; cover. Refrigerate 1 hour to marinate. Remove kabobs from the marinade; discard marinade.
PREHEAT grill to medium-high heat or preheat broiler. Place kabobs on greased grill or on rack of broiler pan. Grill or broil 5 to 7 inches from heat 6 to 8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and vegetables are crisp-tender, turning after 4 minutes.
MEANWHILE, mix mayo, lime juice, garlic, remaining 1 tsp. grated lime peel and 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper. Serve with the kabobs.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Prepare as directed, using KRAFT Light House Italian Reduced Fat Dressing and KRAFT Mayo Light Mayonnaise.
Substitute 2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks, for the shrimp. Grill or broil 8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are crisp-tender.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS