Shake 'n Bake Coconut Shrimp
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes (Total Time: 37 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 8
- 2/3 cup BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut, Toasted
- 1 pkt. SHAKE 'N BAKE Original Chicken Seasoned Coating Mix
- 1 teaspoon Curry Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Red Pepper (cayenne)
- 1 Egg
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 1 pound Extra-large Shrimp (16 To 20 Count), Peeled, Deveined
PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Combine coconut, coating mix, curry powder and pepper in pie plate; set aside. Beat egg and water in separate pie plate with wire whisk until well blended.
DIP shrimp, one at a time, in egg mixture, then in coconut mixture, turning to evenly coat both sides of each shrimp. (Make sure each shrimp is well coated with the egg mixture before dipping in coating mixture.) Press coating mixture firmly onto shrimp to secure. Place on lightly greased baking sheet.
BAKE 10 to 12 min. or until shrimp are cooked through.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Try serving coconut shrimp with Orange-Curry Dip or Mango-Ginger Dip.
Coconut Chicken Fingers
Prepare as directed, substituting boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips, for the shrimp and increasing the baking time to 20 to 25 min. or until chicken is cooked through.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS