Pumpkin Ginger Torte
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes (Total Time 1 Hour 28 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 8
- 20 NABISCO Ginger Snaps, Finely Crushed, Divided
- 2 tablespoons Margarine Or Butter, Melted
- 1 can (15 Ounce) Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup Firmly Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 env. KNOX Unflavored Gelatine
- 1/2 cup Fat-free Milk
- 2-1/2 cups Thawed COOL WHIP FREE Whipped Topping, Divided
MIX 1 cup of the cookie crumbs and the margarine. Press firmly onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan; set aside.
PLACE pumpkin, sugar and cinnamon in blender container; cover. Process until well blended; set aside. Sprinkle gelatine over milk in small saucepan; let stand 1 min. Cook on low heat 3 min. or until gelatine is completely dissolved, stirring occasionally. Add to pumpkin mixture in blender container; cover. Blend well.
TRANSFER pumpkin mixture to large bowl. Gently stir in 2 cups of the whipped topping. Spread over crust. Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup whipped topping just before serving. Sprinkle with the remaining cookie crumbs.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Take a Shortcut To quickly crush cookies into crumbs, process in blender or food processor.
Cooking Know-How After crushing the cookies, you should have about 1-1/4 cups crumbs.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS