Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes (Total Time: 45 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 12
- 1-1/2 cups Flour, Divided
- 1/3 cup Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon, Divided
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Cold Butter Or Margarine, Divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon CALUMET Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup BREAKSTONE'S Or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 1 cup POST Raisin Bran Cereal
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Mix 1/2 cup of the flour, the brown sugar and 1 tsp. of the cinnamon in large bowl. Cut in 1/4 cup of the butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; set aside.
MIX remaining 1 cup flour, remaining 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Beat remaining 1/4 cup butter in large bowl with electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add granulated sugar, beating until well blended. Add egg; mix well. Add flour mixture alternately with sour cream, beating after each addition until well blended. Stir in cereal. Pour into greased 8-inch square baking pan. Sprinkle with crumb mixture.
BAKE 30 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Impress your friends and family when you serve up a slice of this tasty coffee cake! Cut into 12 pieces before serving.
Jazz It Up
Add 1/4 cup chopped PLANTERS Walnuts or Pecans to crumb mixture.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS