Garlic Marinated Flat Iron With Blue Cheese Smear
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Serving Size: 5
- 1 1/2- 2 pounds Flat Iron Steak
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Garlic, Minced
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- BLUE CHEESE SMEAR INGREDIENTS
- 1/3 cup Blue Cheese Crumbles
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1 tablespoon Prepared Horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Basil Leaves, Coarsely Chopped
- 1 tablespoon Thyme Leaves, Chopped
- Kosher Salt And Pepper
1. Place the steaks in a large zip top plastic bag, then in a small bowl combine the all the marinade ingredients. Pour marinade into plastic bag - press out any air and then zip closed and then move meat around bag to marinate. Refrigerate for a minimum for 15 minutes to 2 hours.
2. Combine Smear ingredients together in a small bowl and stir until smooth.
3. When marinating is complete, remove steak from marinade and drain it well.
4. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill steaks, covered, 9 to 11 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once.
5. Place steaks on a platter and immediately smear the side that was most recently on the grill side and then spread with smear.