Cheesecake Macaroon Bars
- Prep Time: 30 minutes (1 hour 2 minutes)
- Serving Size: 32
- 1 cup Ground PLANTERS Slivered Almonds
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Butter Or Margarine, Softened
- 1/3 cup Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 package (8 ounce) each PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, Softened
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 3 Eggs
- 1-1/2 cups BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut, Divided
- 1-1/2 cups BREAKSTONE'S Or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 3 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla
BEAT flour, almonds, butter, brown sugar, salt and almond extract with electric mixer on medium speed until blended. Press onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake at 350°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
BEAT cream cheese, 3/4 cup granulated sugar and lemon juice with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in 1 cup of the coconut; pour over crust.
BAKE 25 minutes. Cool 5 minutes.
STIR sour cream, 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar and vanilla until well blended; carefully spread over coconut mixture.
BAKE 5 to 7 minutes or until set. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup coconut; cool completely. Cut into bars.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Size It Up
Sweets can add enjoyment to a balanced diet, but remember to keep tabs on portions.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS